Thursday, May 31, 2012

New Camera! Olympus Pen E-PL1!

I am so excited! My camera finally showed up yesterday! :D I took some pics of the un-boxing of it.

I purchased the Olympus E-PL1 from Newegg on May 23rd at night. I opted for the 3 day shipping via UPS completely forgetting that Monday was Memorial Day.

The box it came in.



 I sat near the window in my room to watch out for the UPS truck and finally around 5pm or 6pm, the truck drove past my apartment building. The driver thought I was crazy since I met him downstairs going on and on about "It's here! It's here!"

 Popcorn!

 The camera requires a SDHC card so I bought one as Newegg recommended prior to checking out.

 For some reason the box the camera came in was upside down in the Newegg box. It freaked me out for a moment because I thought the camera was going to be damaged.

 The Olympus Pen E-PL1! It's so cute! It is a small DSLR. Newegg had it listed for $499 and I bought it for $259! I'm thinking the price cut means that there is a newer version of this camera is coming out but I am satisfied with what I bought. :)

 All the items that are inside on top of the camera. The disk is a image software called ib or something along those lines. 
 All the pieces of the camera! Body, lens, charger, battery, and cables. 

 One of the side views. The Olympus Pen E-PL1 has 12.3 megapixels.

It has a pop up flash that I forgot to take a photo of when taking pics. It has 6 art filters. And I can take pictures while recording video. Video can be recorded in HD or SD which is pretty awesome.

The only thing I don't really like is how small the screen for the monitor is but I'll live.

I can't wait to start doing some more nail art and taking way better pictures with the new camera. I will still keep my Casio Exilim handy just in case since it's been with me for so long.



Camera was purchased with my own money.

1 comment: