Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review: Grisi Natural Soap Oat

English Side


I decided that I would post a review about this soap I got at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago. It is a bar soap by a Mexican company called Grisi and it is the Oat soap which is supposed to help with balance. Per the box, it states that it “helps regulate the oil excess of the skin by revitalizing it gently. Its exclusive cream Humederm moisturizes and returns to the skin its natural and smooth aspect.”




I found the soap in the Spanish section of Wal-Mart's Health and Beauty section. It cost approximately $1.12—weird price right? The soap is a white/light beige color and has a rather nice scent to it. Whenever I am done taking a shower and I go back into the bathroom almost an hour later, I can smell the soap. It gives the bathroom a nice fragrance without having to use air fresheners. It has a bit of a flowery smell but nothing that's overbearing. It was way too flowery I would not have bought it. Most things that have a powerful fragrance usually cause me to sneeze a lot.

The main reason I bought this soap was because of the seborrheic dermatitis that I have on my eyelids and where you bend your arm...I'm sure there's a proper name for it but I can't think of what it is.

Back to what I was saying, I bought this soap because whenever I get sweaty, the dermatitis in those two area flare up. And since I walk to work and get sweaty at work, it gets annoying. The soap has also helped with the dermatitis on my neck. I have had the soap for at least a month now and it's finally wearing down. It's not really all that sudsy so no major bubbling. Every time I'm done showering, I feel squeaky clean. Far cleaner than with any other soap I have used in the past.

Comes in a box wrapped in plastic

Now to the ingredients. The soap has the following ingredients: sodium tallowate, sodium cocoate, zea mays (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, mineral oil, beeswax, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), fragrance, decyl glucoside, tetrasodium edta, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, titanium dioxide, and citric acid. Being that I do not really check ingredients when I buy things, I had bought 2 more bars of this soap and finally researched the ingredients before this post. There are a few ingredients that are iffy and potentially dangerous if used in large amounts. I found out about the ingredients through this website called EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database, www.ewg.org/skindeep/ . The ingredients that were suspect are: sodium tallowate, sodium lauryl sulfate, mineral oil, fragrance, and titanium dioxide.

For the most part, most people had an allergic reaction to those ingredients. Research has shown that a couple of the ingredients have been linked to cancer, but that is typically with long term use and using very large amounts of the ingredients.

I just want to make it clear that just because the soap is working for me and I have yet to have any reactions to it, you won't have any either. When ever you purchase something make sure to read the ingredient list to make sure there isn't anything you might be allergic to and don't buy more than one until after you figure the product is right for you. I will use the last two bars of soap I bought because I don't want to waste money even though they were only about a buck each.

The Spanish side which can usually be seen when looking
for it at Wal-Mart.

Products were purchased by myself with my own money and no influence from the outside world.  

1 comment:

  1. The soap I use is made from soy milk! I also use one from Lush that is made from beeswax and honey. Both smell good and are nourishing for the skin. Oat sounds super good for the skin as well!

    ReplyDelete