Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Review: Que Bella's Self-Heating Mask

Review on this product is under the cut. Please click to read. Thanks!

What is it?
It is a Self-Heating Clay Mask by Que Bella Beauty, www.quebellabeauty.com.


What is it supposed to do?
The mask is clay and ginger-root extract based and meant to remove impurities from the skin.



Who are they?
Que Bella Beauty is an English based company from Lancashire. They are a registered trademark of Design Plus International Ltd. Per their website, Our aim is to take the finest ingredients that nature has to offer and turn them into wonderful body-care products, that are really effective, a delight to use and affordable for everyone as an everyday treat.”

How much did it cost?
$2.00 per packet.

Where can it be purchased?
In the United States, it can be purchased at some Target stores. In Canada, their products can be found at Jean Coutu.

What other products do they have?
They have products for the bath, face, hair, and body.

Review:
The other day I was Target with one of my friends and we were walking past the Health and Beauty department when I spotted an end-cap with the Que Bella products. I don't exactly remember if they had their other products for the bath, hair, and body but I was mostly interested in the ones for the face. Target had all four of the different masks (Chocolate, Self-Heating Clay, Cucumber Peel-Off, and Dead-Sea) in stock but I broke down and went with the self-heating clay mask. I wanted to go with the chocolate mask but I always go with chocolate things so I decided to mix it up a bit.
Very cute packaging and was not difficult to open.

So a few hours after I got home, I showered and tore open the packet. Then I decided I probably should have read the instructions first. They are pretty simple to follow: apply product to face, avoid eye area, and leave on for 15 minutes. Though I did find it interesting that the instructions said “leave it to work for up to 15 minutes.” Honestly, it made me a bit nervous because I'm slightly paranoid and thought it would probably make my face melt off or something.
This is the best picture that came out of the directions.

But I applied the mask on anyway. No fear! The peachy, flesh tone colored substance was pretty thick even though it looked like the goo from Ghostbusters 2 and smelled kind of like Pied De Pepper foot cream by Lush. The moment I applied the mask to my face, I could feel it heating up. The heat was not that bad. It did not get to the point where I was going to become uncomfortable. Kind of felt like a warm towel was placed on my face. So, I set my alarm for 15 mins from 6:56pm and headed to the living room to pass the time. Since the mask was thick, I did not have to worry about any product slipping off of my face and onto the floor or my shirt.
Please ignore the expression on my face.

During those 15 minutes of waiting, the heat did not become unbearable and remained a constant, even temperature even though some places on my face had a little more of the mask than others. Then with the 15 minutes up, I rinsed my face as instructed with warm water and admired the fresh feel of my skin.

My skin felt very smooth. The mask even managed to get rid of a few black heads I had around my nostrils. So what's my final verdict? I would buy this product again from Que Bella and since it was such a pleasant experience I would also buy their other products.  

The ingredients.
The ingredients of the mask are as follow: Glycerin, Zeolite, Propylene Glycol, Ispropyl Palmitate, Kaolin, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Oleate, Zingiber Officiale (Ginger) Root Oil, Hydroxythyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Limonene, Talc, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), and CI 77491 (Iron Oxides).

Product featured was purchased with my own money.

1 comment:

  1. Things that heat up on their own freak me out.

    ReplyDelete