Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nails, nails, Nailtiques

This is kind of an interesting story. Okay it's not really all that interesting but how the Nailtiques Formula 2: Formula 2 and Formula Fix kit came into my possession was a bit something. I went to the random salon place at the mall near my house to look if they had the Nioxin shampoo and condition that I use, but I ended up wandering over to the nail care area. I was looking at the Nailtiques items that the store carried and came across the different kits. My nails have been looking pretty rough lately because of work and stress. They needed some more help than what I had at home.

My left hand. As you see,
my hands are dry too.




My right hand. Equally as dry.
I read all the different boxes before deciding on the Formula 2 kit, even more so when I saw the price being $12.99. Great deal, right? So I get to the register, the girl rings it up, and tells me that the total is "$23.52." I pulled the ear bud out of my ear and asked her to repeat herself. She told me the total again and I had to tell her that the sign said $12.99. The salon girl gave me a bit of a dirty look before going to double check the price and then she came back and changed the price. I got the kit for practically half the price. If only I could get my shampoo for cheaper.

Here's the kit!


The box comes with three pieces. It comes with a glass dropper (that I almost broke), a bottle of formula fix, and a bottle of nail protein. Formula 2 and Formula Fix are 15ml bottles each.


According to the box, "Formula 2 helps soft, peeling, bitten, weak, or thin nails grow thicker, stronger, and healthier." I really hope this stuff works as it says it's going to since I would like to have thicker nails. Not too thick but thick enough that my nails aren't going to break so easily.

In a month, I plan on posting another pic of my nails to show if they really have gotten thicker or not. In the meantime, all nail designs will be done on fake nails with the creepy plastic finger.

Ingredients:
Formula 2: Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Epoxidized Soybean Oil, Wheat Amino Acids, Calcium Pantothenate, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Geltain, Benzophenone-1, Etocrylene, Violet 2/CI 60725, Dimethicone.

Formula Fix: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Keratin.


No comments:

Post a Comment